Tuesday, September 18, 2012

With the hull cabin and cockpit nearing completion I fitted
a mast and boom to spirit. Now it really began to take shape
I had been really nervous when I started building this as I do
understand how quickly things can go wrong and that I might have been left with a bit of a mess on my hands. However luck
was on my side... this was really starting to look like a boat :)

Once I had the mast in place I made the rigging out of stainless steel
cabling. I made the crimping tools out of scrap metal I had collected.
I managed to get some old turnbuckles from wreaked sailboats as my rigging adjusters.

No comments:

Post a Comment